09/11/2017

Holiday Gift Guide for extra taste on basic budgets


It’s no secret to anyone- and I mean anyone- who knows me that I have a real life hardcore probably need therapy shopping addiction. No book has ever spoken to me as much as Confessions of a Shopaholic did and that is a pretty sad feat. It is also no secret to anyone that I LOVE a bargain. I am rather well known around the office as Queen of the sample sales we hold- a title very well earned. These two little not-so-secret secrets about me lead in very well to two of the great loves of my life (after my dog obviously): TK Maxx and Home Sense. As you will have seen in this little post here.

I normally rifle through the rails in my local TK Maxx or special mention to during jury duty when I discovered a whole new joy that was the Wood Green branch and nearly missed the court time. I run around the near empty store frantically pulling out J brand jeans and Acne jackets like a mad woman as if someone is going to prise them from my fingers (Monica from Friends wedding dress shopping style). The constant pangs of anxiety that I will miss out like the one time they had silk Olivia Von Halle pajamas or the perfect Stella Mccartney jacket in just my size did make me wonder if this rather stress inducing process was possible online. Whilst I do love the rush of camping outside shops circa 1996 Black Friday scenes, purchasing online would be a lot easier and adhere much more easily to the time constraints of being a full time working girl. 

I had a little peruse online and to my delight although limited, it was almost as exciting seeing the highly discounted designer goods online. Club Monaco, one of my all time favourite but astronomically priced brands had about 20 items online at 60% off the original price. And so I decided to do my little holiday gift round up this year solely through TK Maxx. I do hope you find it useful- I’ll race you to the checkout basket!

For Mums

A Jo Malone-esque holiday candle, a ceramic vase, a stella mccartney bag, cashmere club monaco cardi and a coffee table book on Grace Coddington







For your Sister

Just sheepskin slippers, coconut oil hair mask, Nars lipgloss, Maria Black earrings, flamingo and palm tree notepad and the original Stella Mccartney chain bag






For Dads

Some Soho pajamas, a Duchamp wash bag, a Jaeger scarf, Newgate watch and a formula one coffee table book







For your best friend

Some freshwater pearl hoops, a Phaidon coffee table book, peppermint popcorn holiday candle jar, some illamasqua bronzer






For your boyfriend

Some Krosno beer glasses, The Kooples scarf, wireless headphones, a hugo boss leather papers holder and a Los Angeles coffee table book. 






For your Grandparents


Italian panettone, Miller Harris fragrance and some waterford crystal champagne flutes. 






This post is not sponsored in anyway I just really, really love TK Maxx… 

No comments:

Post a Comment